Officers & Board Members
Founder and Director
International Consultants /
Center of Excellence Program
Future Projects /
Other Foundations and
Links of Interest
Publications and Presentations of Interest
Team, Patient Testimonies
IRS 990N Form
It is the hope and desire of the ICHF to promote the
international growth and quality of cardiac surgery, particularly in
children and young adults. Its focus is to remain humanitarian in
perspective, avoiding political, economic, and religious overtones.
- The gradual shift from previously sponsoring indigent children and
young adults, as well as those without access, to undergo free open-heart
surgery in selected centers in the U.S.A.
- Training and mentoring of medical and non-medical individuals in
all aspects of the care and support of the open-heart surgical patient;
both in the United States donor program and the developing host program.
- Recruiting and sponsoring U.S.A. open heart surgery teams to
facilitate the development, support, or augmentation of similar teams in
the host country.
- Eventual establishment of U.S.A. based central headquarters to support
clinical, educational, research and logistical systems.
- To promote the concept of the disease specific product line of total care for
cardiac related diseases. This includes incidence, prevalence,
prevention, promotion, screening, database development, diagnosis, and
treatment. Treatment strategies emphasize medical, interventional,
and the gradual implementation of more complex cardiac surgical procedures
in both lower and higher risk patients.
Programs & Projects
- From 1980 thru 2000, over 50 patients from over 13 foreign
countries underwent free open heart surgery in the United States at 3
different medical centers (St. Joseph's Hospital, Syracuse, N.Y.;
University of Massachusetts' Medical Center; St. Vincent Hospital, both
in Worcester, MA)
- Over 25 selected and sponsored health care personnel have received
additional basic and specialized medical training in the United States
in the above mentioned hospitals.
- On-site surgical missions (both solo and team efforts) have
initiated, augmented, or updated programs in South Korea, Vietnam,
Ecuador, Tanzania, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Mexico, China,
Mongolia, India, Peru, Grenada, Senegal, Russia, and Myanmar; and
established de novo programs in Haiti and Mauritania.
- Visits, Lectures, Consultations and Cooperative efforts have
totaled 54 countries over the past 36 years.
- In fiscal year 2016-2017, Continuing Projects in Peru, Dominican